DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS ENGINEERING
QUALITY AND ACCREDITATION STUDIES
Quality and Accreditation studies in the Department of Physics Engineering are carried out through the Department Quality and Accreditation Commission established in 2018 in parallel with the studies of Ankara University Accreditation, Academic Evaluation and Quality Coordinatorship and the Faculty of Engineering Quality and Accreditation Commission.
Department of Physics Engineering Quality and Accreditation Commission:
Prof.Dr. Handan OLĞAR
Prof.Dr. Ömer YAVAŞ
Doç.Dr. Yeşim MOĞULKOÇ
Doç.Dr. Fulya BAĞCI
Araş.Gör.Dr. Bora KETENOĞLU
Araş.Gör.Dr. Didem KETENOĞLU
Araş.Gör.Dr. Sibel GÜRAKAR
Araş.Gör.Dr. Çağın KAMIŞÇIOĞLU
Araş.Gör. Özgür ÇILDIROĞLU
Araş.Gör. Bekir Asilcan ÜNLÜ
Authorization and Responsibilities of the Commission:
– To carry out the studies performed by the Ankara University Accreditation, Academic Evaluation and Quality Coordinatorship and the Faculty of Engineering Quality and Accreditation Commission on the basis of department,
– To carry out studies in accordance with Ankara University quality assurance system /processes,
– Defining and monitoring strategic goals, targets and performance indicators,
– Defining and following the action plan in line with the strategic goals and objectives,
– To carry out studies in accordance with Ankara University quality policies,
– Preparing Annual Unit Self-Assessment Report,
– Ensuring that field visits to the department are realized,
– To prepare an annual activity report in line with the feedback report prepared by the external department evaluation team,
– Preparing the annual Accreditation Preparation Level (AHS) report,
– Preparing the accreditation application file for MÜDEK.
Physics Engineering Department conducts quality studies within the framework of Ankara University Quality Policy.
Strategic Objectives, Objectives and Performance Indicators:
Department of Physics Engineering strategic goals, objectives and performance indicators Ankara University is defined in line with strategic goals, objectives and performance indicators.
- In November 2018, a field visit was made to the Faculty of Engineering by the Ankara University Quality Assessment Team.
- The Department Quality and Accreditation Commission, which was renewed with the decision of Department Academic Board dated 13.02.2019, prepared Unit Self-Evaluation Report (BÖR)” and “Department Accreditation Preparation Level Report (AHS)” for Department of Physics Engineering and submitted it to Dean of Engineering Faculty on 08.03.2019.
Department of Physics Engineering applied to MÜDEK in July 2017 with the Accreditation Application File prepared for accreditation. MÜDEK requested to eliminate the deficiencies identified in the application file. It is stated that the application can be renewed after graduating from the new program within the framework of MÜDEK rules since the education program of the department has been converted to 100% English since the fall semester of the 2017-2018 academic year, where the deficiencies are eliminated and re-application studies are made. Within this framework, it is expected that 100% English graduates will be applied for the new MÜDEK application. When the timetable for the subject is considered, the new application can be made in 2022. The studies to be carried out within the scope of MÜDEK application (documenting and evaluating the educational outcomes, contributions of internal and external stakeholders, student and alumni surveys, etc.) are regularly conducted.
The Physics Accreditation Preparatory Level (AHS) Report requested by the Ankara University Quality Coordinatorship, defining the status and level of application preparation of the Physics Engineering Department for accreditation, was submitted to the Dean of Engineering Faculty on 8.3.2019.
Quality and Accreditation Links:
– Ankara University Accreditation, Academic Evaluation and Quality Coordinatorship (in Turkish)
– Ankara University Quality Assurance Directive (in Turkish)
– Ankara University Quality Handbook (in Turkish)
– Faculty of Engineering Quality Studies (in Turkish)
– Faculty of Engineering Unit Self Evaluation Report (2018) (in Turkish)